Sunday, September 19, 2010

Cabin 2010

My family decided to go up to my cabin a few weekends ago, and my dad had the idea to go to a small lake and go canoeing with all my cousins. Isn't the view pretty? Haleigh and i had fun standing on ledges and taking pictures of us "being on top of the world"

Sounds like a perfect day right? it was. the sun was out and it was perfect weather. i thought i was going to get a little tan. Wrong! i was so so so wrong. After we got all our boats into the water and paddled down the lake, a huge dark cloud appeared out of no where! and then it started to not only rain, but completely pour. it was like having buckets of water thrown on you. im almost positive the temperature dropped to at least sixty. but anyways it was pouring rain, the wind was blowing, and then it started to HAIL! Come on people picture that! wind, hail, rain plus being in a canoe. it's not a very fun thing to do. My family was hiding under a huge rock and attempted not to get rained on. sadly, it did not work. so there we were, in the rain stuck there until it stopped after thirty or more minutes. For those of you who know me, i hate being cold, i honestly would rather be burning hot any day. So i was miserable and in a pretty bad mood.
then when i thought it was only going to get worse...the sun came out! yay! so haleigh and i went out into the sun and pretended to be those people in Italy who sing to cute couples in a boat!

WAIT..SIKE the rain came back...and once again Makayla was cold and had permanent goose bumps that were turning purple.Not only was it cold and i was an ice cube stranded on the side of the bank, but earlier that week i had glass taken out of my foot and i was hopping around in mud on my good leg. I'll let you picture what happened next. Not fun. Oh ps what is up with my family taking pictures of me when i fall asleep?

Oh and i found all these bikers at a gas station and i thought they were a little hardcore?


No comments:

Post a Comment