Sunday, June 13, 2010

Catch up

So pretty sure i haven't blogged about life in about a year. so here goes.


summer is finally here and it's been so great. I went to girls camp the first week of summer and it was a good experience. i was a YCL over the Lindsay ward and we did some pretty crazy stuff.. such as.


1. go fishing with marsh mellow cooker things.


2.steal pineapples off of the dinner table


3. sticking the pineapples in the leaders beds so they would think that a porcupine was inside their beds.


4. wake up everyday for five days at six in the morning (my personal favorite..sike)


5. laying on beds all day when we weren't doing anything.
But most of all i loved going to all the classes that went on up there. They were mostly all about the trials that people have gone through and how it taught them to appreciate everything that they had. Lets just say one of the lessons we went to made me cry my eyes out. it was that good of a lesson.



after girls camp was over.. i had the opportunity..or was forced to wake up at five in the morning so that i could go to cheer practice. HARDEST thing of my life after a week of eating junk food and laying around all day. it started off as a normal practice we jumped and tumbled and soon after we started the conditioning. we had TEN bleachers (down and up was one) but we had to sprint them. after we did a zillion of lunges . then it was time to run..or sprint...run for my life. our coach is the most hardcore runner I've ever seen. i mean he full on sprints the mile for fun! these are the exact words he said to us..


" I'm going to give you guys a head start.. a 50 meter head start and if i catch you, you're running another lap"


please note that by this time our legs were already jello and running this would only make them about seventy times worse.
so we started sprinting and i honestly don't think i have ever ran a lap that fast before in my life!
he caught a couple girls but let me tell you i booked it..i wasn't about to run another lap. girls were throwing up after and it was discusting.
but that's only one of the hard practices we've had so far..I'm positive there will be more like that one and let's pray that i don't throw up.



Oh! also I've started summer school and successfully finished my first week last Friday. two more weeks to go! My teacher is interesting but he's a goofball. not to mention he talks Soooo loud. but overall he's a good teacher and i enjoy listening to him.





Finalllly yesterday i had the opportunity to try road biking with my mom and dad. biking with the tiny tiny tires for millions of miles

a picture of before i went on the ride. i honestly thought it would be nice and easy..but no i was totally wrong about that. it was the hardest twenty miles of my life. i don't know how people thing it's fun and they enjoy doing it. but it was something new that i wanted to try.


me in my little outfit! i had light pink matching gloves. i only had one crash but it wasn't that bad it just scared me for my life because i thought a car was going to run me over if i didn't get up fast enough. dangerous sport i must say

No comments:

Post a Comment